Waterfront Home Renovation
Breton Bay, MD
The owner transformed this residence from a standard, three bedroom rambler to a multi-level residence. The most significant change was the two-story addition created over what was originally a screened porch. The addition consists of a massive, sunken great room on the first floor with full view of Breton Bay from two sliding glass doors. Twin bedrooms share a full bath and sitting area on the second floor. On the exterior, wide front steps lead visitors to a defined front entry. The front entry opens to the great room which offers many interesting features. Local craftsmen created the copper clad bar top. The interior handrails are constructed from twisted, wrought iron. The oversized dining room table and benches were built by local Amish woodworkers. The home offers five sliding glass doors that open onto a multi-level deck off the rear of the house. The kitchen cabinets were refinished by the owner. The home’s original three bedrooms were converted to a master suite with a walk-in closet and study.
Structure: Two-story Wood Frame
1st Floor: 2,840 sq. ft.
2nd Floor: 936 sq. ft.
Garage: 725 sq. ft.
• Full View of St. Clements Bay
• Large Sunken Great Room
• Hand-crafted Copper Clad Bar Top
• Five Sliding Doors Open Onto Multi-Level Deck
• Interior Handrails – Twisted Wrought Iron
• Special-Built Dining Room Table and Benches by Local Amish Woodworkers
• Master Suite with Walk-in Closets and Study
• Twin Bedrooms w/Sitting Area and Bathroom
• 2-car Garage
Before & After Photos